Sunday, November 11, 2007

Borden Building Mt Pleasant MI

The Borden Building in downtown Mt Pleasant is being renovated. And its a good thing for the area. Reading the local newspaper editorial pages, I know some people are against the project. But based on the honest interest of a sixteen year old boy, the project is going to be a success.

Each day my son and I drive past the Borden Building renovation site we see the progress being made. He sees the strong one hundred year old roof trusses exposed to 2007 eyes and is amazed the resouces of yesterday's century are today becoming the basis of tommorrow's downtown.

We are looking forward to the day the building reopens.

3 comments:

Julie L. said...

I moved with my family to Mt. Pleasant five years ago. The Borden Building was the first structure that really caught my eye. I was glad to see the "sold" sign when it appeared on the building. People say the developers are making money, that there is some sort of conspiracy, etc. However, I think the developers probably have had more than their share of unexpected headaches (such as buried barrels, artesian wells, complaints from the community, and asbestos. The building will look great when it is finished and will be a landmark that should inspire pride. Thank you for your post.

Anonymous said...

I love mtpleasantcom.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Carol Baldwin said...

interesting post. I found this when I googled the borden building. my husband and I are visiting from NC and we were wondering what the history was behind this huge building. He guessed that it was related to the Borden Company. Looks beautiful now--but it must have been a huge undertaking to renovate!